Check out the list of volunteer opportunities below and if you're interested or simply need more information contact us at (262) 473-4005 or email at Tourism@discoverwhitewater.org!
Below are the steps to follow if you want to volunteer usher at Young Auditorium. Ushering times range in length from 2 hours to 3.5 hours.
1. Go to Young Auditorium Website www.uww.edu/youngauditorium
2. Click on “Get Involved” (top right corner of the site)
3. Click on “Learn More” (under “Volunteer”)
4. Click on “Volunteerspot.com”
5. Go to the calendar (top right portion)
6. Click on the date you would like to volunteer (that event will show up on the top of the page)
7. Click on “sign up” (twice if two people want to sign up)
8. Click on the right or left arrows to change the month
9. Wait to click “SAVE” until you are completely finished signing up for events.
10. When you’re finished you can print out your volunteer schedule for Young Auditorium and keep it as a reminder throughout the season.
® We call all ushers within the week prior the event to give a verbal reminder of their commitment.
® We ask that all volunteers dress in casual/dress black and white.
Bethel House Is Renovating!
They are in need of volunteers to help them prepare one of their houses for a family in need.
Old World Wisconsin
They are seeking help with their annual Halloween Legends & Lore event. It runs October 21-22nd and 28-29th from 5:30PM until 9PM. They ask for a minimum commitment of 2 nights and a 1-hour training session.
This year they also have openings for Gate Keepers - which is a fantastic volunteer opportunity with many different possibilities. They will also need volunteers to help fill various roles throughout the grounds as we present guests with performances, music, food, crafts, and hands-on activities.
Rainbow Hospice Care
They have plenty of tasks for volunteers to get involved in!
For a list or more information please go to: http://www.rainbowhospicecare.org/volunteer
Agrace Hospice & Palliative Care
Volunteering for Agrace Hospice & Palliative Care can be a very rewarding experience in a person’s life. In October, Agrace will offer volunteer orientation for people interested in making a difference in the lives of people with advanced illnesses. There are several ways volunteers can help:
• In all Rock County communities: visit and provide companionship to local hospice patients in their homes, or in nursing homes or assisted living centers
• At the Agrace in Janesville: greet visitors, help prepare meals for patients in our kitchen and visit with patients
• At the Agrace Thrift Store in Janesville: help shoppers, and sort and price donated merchandise
Schedules are flexible, and free training is provided for all volunteer roles. Prospective volunteers must attend an orientation session before they begin volunteering. Agrace’s next volunteer orientations will be held Thursday, October 20, from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m., at the Agrace Center for Hospice & Palliative Care, 2901 N. Wright Road, Janesville. Before they can attend orientation, prospective volunteers must complete an application and an interview process with Agrace’s Volunteer Services staff to identify the volunteer’s skills and interests. Call (608) 314-2922 to begin the pre-orientation process.
Mulberry Communities Need Volunteers
Volunteers may help residents with painting nails/playing card or board games/talking/any type of craft. Hours are flexible and can accommodate all schedules!
Gina Crown 262-473-9876