Whitewater Spirit TourHonoring whitewater's Legends & Lore
Learn about the haunted legends of Whitewater, WI, hear the “Witches of Whitewater” stories, and learn how Whitewater got the name “Second Salem.”
Whether you’re a skeptic, a paranormal enthusiast or just looking to learn more about Whitewater’s legends and lore, you won’t want to miss the annual Whitewater Spirit Tour! Whitewater may seem like a normal Midwestern town, but it hides a dark past, one rife with tales of witches, ghosts, strange murders, and occult practices. In fact, Whitewater’s supernatural history has earned it the nickname, “Second Salem.”
On the Whitewater Spirit Tour, you will learn about Whitewater’s “spirited” sites. You’ll experience cemeteries under the stars, visit with Whitewater’s most (in)famous historical inhabitants, and gain an understanding of spiritualism and its impact on our city. Be sure to look out for the witches of Whitewater, the ghost of Nellie Horan—you never know where she might make an appearance—and the curious configuration of the graves of the unlucky (or potentially cursed, if you believe the stories) Winchesters.
Special thanks to this year’s sponsors!
Countdown to Tour
The Day Of
Whitewater Spirit Tour Event Details
Date: October 20th & 21st, 2023
6p: Historical Presentation
6:30p: Bus & walking tours depart
Bus Tour – Check-in, presentation, and bus loading are located at the Community Engagement Center at 1260 W Main Street.
Walking Tour – Check-in and presentation are located at the Cravath Lakefront Park Community building at 341 S Fremont St.
The tour runs Friday, October 20th, and Saturday, October 21st. The event is held rain or shine.
- Check-in for both tours begins at 5:30 pm
- The short program starts at 6:00 pm
- Buses depart for the tour at 6:30 pm.
- The walking tour departs at 6:30 pm
Important information & details
- This event is limited to adult participants 18 years of age and older due to insurance liability and coverage limitations.
- We use local school buses for the tour and per the rules of the bus company, no alcoholic beverages or other substances are allowed on the busses.
- Unfortunately, the bus company also does not allow animals on their buses for any reason.
Tickets Now Available!
Where to Eat & Enjoy a Drink:
Before the Tour
For all the good pre-Tour dining & drinks options, visit our Restaurant Directory.
Stay the Night!
Baymont Inn & Suites
Fairfield Inn & Suites
Hamilton House B&B
Victoria on Main B&B
Super 8 Motel